In 6 years since our inception, OHN’s team approach has achieved optimal care in every major patient health risk category we measure. With compliance rates of 80% for hypertension control and 86% for chronic kidney disease screening, we’re establishing a proven record of success and a very positive trend for the future.
One way we’re achieving these goals is through the Ochsner Accountable Care Network (OACN), a collaboration of over 2,700 providers working together to provide and improve the quality and value of care being provided to over 31,000 Medicare beneficiaries across Louisiana and Mississippi.
In 2020 OACN reduced their expected cost of care by more than $30.3 million, representing a 163% increase in savings since 2017. OACN seamlessly coordinates care to increase efficiency and keep patients healthy at home.
Our patients interact with us through:
- our patient portal
- virtual visits on their phones
- digital medicine programs to proactively manage chronic conditions in a way that encourages greater involvement in their own healthcare
These more frequent and convenient touch points have allowed OACN to keep patients out of the hospital and home with their families.
OACN’s 2020 performance results demonstrated key efforts that contributed to multi-dimensional improvements and shared savings, including:
- Improving utilization:
- Reduced emergency department visits by 20 percent
- Reduced inpatient hospitalizations by 17 percent
- Improving cost of care:
- Saved more than $30 million in Medicare dollars, nearly $1000 per beneficiary
- Improving care quality:
- Scored 98.13 percent across CMS Medicare Shared Savings Program measures
- Improving access to care:
- Launched virtual and in-home wellness visit capabilities
- Converted 90,000 Medicare office visits into virtual visits
- Improving population health data:
- Deployed tools and technology that identified and predicted health risks in patients
- Leveraged robust health data, tools, and technologies to support clinicians in outreaching to and caring for vulnerable patients with chronic conditions